Blast-proof & Ballistic Resistant Units are one of the specialized products for the building requirements of defense industry, chemical industry and oil & gas industry where durability at explosion and armed attack is expected. These units can be designed to various blast and ballistic effects and damage expectations with specialized door & window assemblies and MEP installations. Blast-proof & Ballistic Resistant Unit inquiries can be contracted on turnkey basis by APCON® in order to provide all the required services from a single source. Please contact us for further information about our turnkey capabilities.
- Blast Resistant units are generally categorized to withstand a blast pressure of 3 PSI, 5 PSI, 8 PSI for various damage levels or different loads.
- Forced Entry and Ballistic Resistant (FE/BR) units are categorized to provide a protection of 5, 15 and 60 minutes and listed as FE-5, FE/BR-15 and FE/BR-60.
- These units can be designed to withstand both blast & ballistic effects.
- Can be designed as stand-alone units or coupled units to form larger buildings.
- Can be designed as self-sufficient units.
- Additional walkways, stairs & platforms, secondary roofs can be added to the scope to fulfill additional requirements of Blast-proof & Ballistic Resistant Units.
- Are designed as heavy duty fully welded containers and offers permanent building solutions.
- Are contracted in turnkey basis, including specialized HVAC, mechanical & electrical installations, generator-sets, special doors & windows, transportation and assembly & commissioning works, Utilizes internal ALUFORM® sandwich panels manufactured by continuous lines with coil coated galvanized steel exterior skin to ensure excellent quality for structural, thermal and acoustic integrity.
- The sandwich panels have been engineered to eliminate cold bridging.
- Engineered to resist local conditions including extreme high and low temperatures, extreme humidity, sand & sea storms, wind & snow loads etc. in addition to the blast pressure and ballistic resistance.
- Can be tailor-made to fit client specifications, various international codes and standards.